It doesn’t matter how much time you spend planning your Disney vacation there will always be one thing you cannot control, and that’s the weather. So what do you do in Disney World when it rains? The answer is simple, you go and have fun anyway, and here’s how…
Disney World When it Rains
1. Check Out the Stores at Disney Springs
Disney Springs is the perfect destination on a rainy day and there are plenty of shops for you to visit to keep you out of the rain, including the huge World of Disney store over in the Marketplace.
There are lots of restaurants too, and T-Rex Restaurant is definitely worth a visit if you have any dinosaur fans in your family.
2. Tour the Resort Hotels
If you don’t want to waste your park passes on a wet day then why not go on a self-guided tour of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels?
The Disney Imagineers didn’t stop at the themeparks, they put just as much creative effort into their hotels too.
Why not spend some time relaxing by the huge fireplace in the lobby of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, or animal watching on the savanna over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge?
If you want to see how the other half live catch the monorail over to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. This flagship resort will take you back in time to Victorian Florida. If you’re travelling during the holiday season you won’t want to miss the huge Gingerbread House that stands majestically in the lobby.
3. Put on a Poncho and Go Play in the Rain
If you’re happy to just be a kid again and hang out in the rain then wet days are some of the best times to be in the parks, because most people are driven away by the rain!
Rainy days are perfect days for attractions like Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids where you’re only going to get soaked anyway. And what better place is there to excite your inner child by jumping in puddles!
4. Pretend to be a Gangster
You’ll need a car for this one, as this fun is to be had just outside the Disney World Resort. Out on Highway 192 is a place called Old Town. And there you will find some interesting shops to wander around, and a photo studio where you can dress up as cowboys or gangsters!
The Must Read Book Before You Head to Disney World!
Researching your Disney vacation online is a brilliant thing to do, and we are so glad you are here reading our secrets.
But nothing beats a guidebook that you can read over and over before your trip and then throw in your suitcase so you have all of the information you need at your fingertips while you are on vacation.
This is the best paper guidebook whether it's your first trip or your hundredth trip, because it is regularly updated throughout the year so it has the most up to date information in it.
Read the Rest of Our Disney Planning Secrets Series
We have a whole series of posts where we share our Best Disney World Tips - click on the links below to read them all. And don't forget to pin them for later.
- How to Save up to $4,500 to Pay for Your Disney Vacation in Just One Year
- How to Get Ridiculously Cheap Flights to Get You to Disney World
- Are Disney World Hotels Really Worth the Money, Or Just an Unnecessary Expense?
- How to Save Money on Your Disney World Tickets - Without Listening to BORING Timeshare Presentations!
- How to Save up to $200 on Your Disney World Hotel Room
- How to Plan Your Disney World Vacation Like a Pro - Part 1
- How to Plan Your Disney World Vacation Like a Pro - Part 2
- We Reveal How to Eat for Less on Your Disney World Vacation
- We Reveal the Secret to Making Dining Reservations at Disney World
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Disney World’s Fabulous Menus, Even if You Have Food Allergies
- Disney's Least Kept Secret: the Not So Secret Way to Avoid the Lines at Disney World
- Your Complete Guide to Securing the Best Seat for Disney World Fireworks and Attractions
- Revealed: The Secret to Getting Extra Interaction from Mickey Mouse and His Pals
- Revealed: The Secret Entrances to Disney World Parks That Will Give You A Head Start On the Crowds
- What to Do in Disney World When it Rains
Image Credit: World of Disney by Rennett Stowe | CC BY